Brisbane’s Impossible Odds is fast becoming cemented into the Australian Music Industry in not only their chosen genre, but also with collaborations with Industry legend Archie Roach and international folk phenomena Xavier Rudd.
Impossible Odds Fred Leone aka Rival MC and James Vincent aka DJ Returnagain as the two core members with the new addition to the crew Kaylah Tyson aka KaylahTruth. Live support comes from Drummer Tony McCall, Bass Player Sam Vincent & Callum Robertson aka Calski on MPD. Returnagain also doubles on the keys
Politically minded, with a view unique to urban First Nations Australia Impossible Odds brings fresh organic beats laced with intelligent and soulful lyrics.
Over the course of the past few years Impossible Odds has made leaps and bounds in establishing themselves as a force to be reckoned with. In 2007 they won the JB SEED Speak Indigenous Hip Hop Competition in which they received a $25,000 recording grant. 2008 saw the release of the JB SEED funded EP self titled “Impossible Odds” which caused the following big waves:
- Single of the Week (Time Off Magazine )
- Release of the Week (Rave Magazine )
- Five Stars (ABC Online )
- Dual Rotaion on Triple JJJ Radio for the EP tracks “Laugh it Off” & “Hey People
Since 2008 Impossible Odds has received 1o Award Nominations including:
- 4 Queensland Music Award Nominations including the category ‘Song of The Year” with a win in the ‘Urban’ category in 2011
- 3 National Indigenous Music Award Nominations
- 3 National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Hip Hop & R&B BUMP Award nominations